Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Scientific Method Blog


Discover. Learn. Share.



When I first started the Scientific Method assignment I was really happy to see a Back to the Future video, I love that movie even though time travel movies tend to confuse me... 
 I found the Science Buddies website about the Scientific Method to be helpful. It not only listed and explained it step by step but it also provided linked resources for us to deepen our understanding. There was even a teacher tool-kit box. I definitely see myself referring back to this link as the semester progresses. 

The BrainPop video was helpful in explaining the process too. It was a cartoon video that was not to long and wordy which made it easy to follow and remain engaged. After the video I took the quiz, I did not do as well as I wanted the first time so I re-watched the video to brush up where I was lacking. 

The Science Buddies site stated "When direct experimentation is not possible, scientists modify the scientific method. In fact, there are probably as many versions of the scientific method as there are scientists! But even when modified, the goal remains the same"(Science Buddies, 2019).I found this interesting!



The one thing that has been made clear throughout is that the Scientific Method is not a set method. Since our world is always changing, the ways to explore and discover must adapt to these changes. Its flexible that way. You have to make the method work for whatever your situation may be, and it will not always be the same, BUT thats okay!


Steps of the Scientific Method
Science Buddies. (2019, August 29). Steps of the Scientific Method. Retrieved from 
         https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/science-fair/steps-of-the-scientific-           ........method#overviewofthescientificmethod

1 comment:

  1. I love Back to the Future too! I had a massive crush on Michael J. Fox when I was in high school! My son dressed up as Marty McFly a few years ago for Halloween--his math teacher loved it!

    ReplyDelete