Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Assessment OF Learning vs. Assessment FOR Learning

After considering what both of these phrases actually mean I must say that I prefer assessment FOR learning. The reason I feel this way is because I feel like it encompasses more than just what the student knows. As teachers assessment is just an important for our instruction as it is for the student. When we assess them FOR learning, to me, that means we want to see what they know and how they absorb information so that we can instruct them in a way that suits them the best. When we say OF learning it sounds like we are saying okay, this is what you know and this is what you don't know. The End. Even thought that might not necessarily be the case, that it what prompted me to choose the other phrase.

Here's a short video on Assessment For Learning😊


Basically, the assessment process is a cycle and it is beneficial to the student just as much as it is for the teacher. When we understand how our students learn best and why then we can mold ourselves into being the best teachers for them and they will SUCEED!

Here's my Extra Credit Professional Development POSTER!





No comments:

Post a Comment