Friday, October 11, 2019

Unit Plan vs. Lesson Plan





My Thoughts
Before reading about the difference between Unit Plans and Lesson Plans my understanding was pretty similar to what I read about. The way I summarized it in my head it that the Unit Plan is a broad topic that is to be taught through individual lesson plans. Each lesson plan makes up the whole Unit Plan.


Unit Plans are learning segments made up of about 3-5 lesson plans that build on one another to reach the central focus with a clear learing target & goal.

What Are the Components of an Effective Lesson Plan For All Grade Levels?

  1. Necessary Materials
  2. Clear Objectives
  3. Background Knowledge
  4. Direct Instruction
  5. Student Practice
  6. Closure
  7. Demonstration of Learning (Quick Assessment)







No comments:

Post a Comment