Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Fieldwork Reflection


Image result for teachers
This semester was one of the more challenging ones I have experienced since starting my graduate classes. A major thing I learned from my fieldwork experience is how to improve the way that I teach, I learned major time management lessons, and I learned how to accept constructive criticism. Mistakes are made so that we can learn from them, and that is exactly what I did.

Image result for 5 sensesFor me, the direct lesson plan was easier for me to write and to teach because it required me to teach a new concept, the inquiry lesson was more of a challenge for me and I am still not totally sure why I struggled with it so much. Even though my lesson plan did not go according to plan, we worked incredibly hard on it. Had we had enough time to teach it in full, it would have been a lot of fun for the students with a better end result. But, I think we are all proud of the work we did and the path we paved having gone first.

From the students I mostly learned that they all work at their own pace. There are gifted students who are well behaved and focused and there are also gifted students that act up and cause disruptions. From my colleagues I learmed techniques to teach lessons, on class management and how to manage behavior in a way that is better than my own. I am grateful for these experiences and try to implement what I have learned from the students and my colleagues as well as what I learned from myself.
Image result for classroom management
I enjoyed this experience and I think we all did such a wonderful job teaching our young students. The students seemed to enjoy working with us as well. We laughed, we cried, and we learned. And as much as I appreciated this experience, I am glad that it is over. 😆
Image result for the end

No comments:

Post a Comment